- Festival Napa Valley Arts for All Gala Raises Over $3.9 Millionby Kenny Martin on August 5, 2022 at 10:20 pm
In addition to the auction, the festival drew audiences to over 60 concerts, many of them free to the public
- Lucio Tasca d’Almerita, a Champion of Sicilian Wines, Dies at 82by Alison Napjus on August 4, 2022 at 6:00 pm
At his family’s winery, he gained global respect for Sicily’s terroir by trying international grapes, then built on that with outstanding native grape wines
- Older Drinkers Most Likely to Reap Alcohol’s Protective Health Benefitsby Kenny Martin on August 2, 2022 at 3:40 pm
Analyzing data from around the world, researchers found young drinkers are prone to risky behavior, while older drinkers enjoy wine’s health benefits
- Scorching Heat and Wildfires Worry European Winemakersby Alison Napjus, Suzanne Mustacich, Luis Antunes on July 29, 2022 at 6:15 pm
In wine regions across the continent, spring was dry and summer has brought record temperatures, shrinking the potential harvest and sparking wildfires
- France’s AXA Millésimes Buys Platt Vineyard in the Sonoma Coast Regionby Aaron Romano on July 28, 2022 at 7:00 pm
The insurance company and global wine player expands into Sonoma with purchase of prized Pinot Noir and Chardonnay vineyard
- Afternoon Brief, August 8thby Editor on August 8, 2022 at 10:04 pm
Just when the Napa Valley tourism industry seems to be recovered from the Covid-19 pandemic, the city of Napa has been hit with an outbreak of Legionnaire’s disease… The post Afternoon Brief, August 8th appeared first on Wine Industry Advisor.
- 2022 V Foundation Wine Celebration Raises $6.5 Millionby Press Release on August 8, 2022 at 9:07 pm
NAPA VALLEY, CA (August 8, 2022) – The V Foundation for Cancer Research, a top-rated cancer research charity, announced the 2022 V Foundation Wine Celebration raised more than $6.5 million during a full weekend The post 2022 V Foundation Wine Celebration Raises $6.5 Million appeared first on Wine Industry Advisor.
- Check Value in the US on Premise Continues to Outperform 2021by Press Release on August 8, 2022 at 8:34 pm
August 8th – The US On Premise continues to stabilize and follow similar sales trends to those seen in 2021, resulting in Total US remaining slightly positive (+1%) versus last The post Check Value in the US on Premise Continues to Outperform 2021 appeared first on Wine Industry Advisor.
- Kopke Releases Rare 50-Year-Old Aged White and Tawny Portsby Press Release on August 8, 2022 at 8:33 pm
Impressive scores for these rare wines from the Oldest Port Wine House August 8, 2022 / New York, NY – This year, the Douro and Port Wine Institute (IVDP) announced The post Kopke Releases Rare 50-Year-Old Aged White and Tawny Ports appeared first on Wine Industry Advisor.
- Tabitha Ladendorf Joins Demptos Napa Cooperageby Press Release on August 8, 2022 at 8:29 pm
August 8th – Demptos Napa Cooperage welcomes Tabitha Ladendorf as Barrel Sales Representative for the Central Coast. Tabitha joins Demptos with Enology experience from Rancho Capistrano Winery and Kelsey See The post Tabitha Ladendorf Joins Demptos Napa Cooperage appeared first on Wine Industry Advisor.